Monday, June 29, 2015

Community Game: Long Live the Queen XX


You take classes in Sense Magic and Resist Magic, resulting in Sense Magic 25.16 and Resist Magic 36.55. You unlock a new outfit! (It doesn't say what it is.)

King Joslyn: A musician wishing Crown Patronage is here to see you.

Fatal: (That means money.)
Woman: Your Royal Highness! If you you accept me as a member of your court, I will immortalise you in word and song. I can entertain guests and lighten evenings.
Fatal: (I wonder if she writes naughty poetry?)
(You fail a Foreign Intelligence test. You pass an Intrigue test.)
Fatal: (Musicians are often useful as secret agents and messengers.)

The musician sings a little ditty to demonstrate her skills with a lute. (You fail an Instrument + Voice check.)

Fatal: (She's actually pretty good.)

1. Accept her as Court Musician.
2. Reject her.


Player:  So, does the fact that we failed an instrument + voice check mean that really she sucks?

Me:  Mayyyybee...


Player:  Plus she could be demon-posessed. I say we pass on her.    

You dismiss the musician. During the weekend, you sneak out.

Your mood is now Lonely (Angry 4, Willful 3, Lonely 5).


Dear Diary,

Today, Alice approached me again. "Um, Miss, her Ladyship the Countess and the High Priestess wanted me to give you this."

I would have said Here we go again, but really diary, at this point, there are no words. The first thing in the box was a head band with two tiny feathery wings on it. They had the merest blush of a pink hue. I believe the color is known as Angel Breath.

"Stop right there," I said to Alice, who had somehow phased halfway to the door without moving.

The second thing in the box was a pair of silk thigh-high hose with be-ribboned garters, a large red bow in the back and a tiny gold one on the front of each one.

There was also a pair of earrings--molded metal bows covered with a shiny pink shellac. Also, a pink rod with a heart on the end.

"This should come in handy," I said to Alice, who seemed to be failing to change color and blend in with the curtains.

Next I pulled out some arm bands in worked gold filigree, and a pair of fine (pink) leather kid gloves with a paler pink poof attached at the wrist. That, diary, was so they matched the skirt, a red leather over-skirt with twelve inch paniers holding out the poofy pink underskirt. The skirt wasn't long enough to cover, well, the shockingly pink panties that came next. And finally, a little, bitty, wee, hot pink, heart-shaped bustier with a big red leather bow in the back to hold it on. It did not, of course, have a back.

I pulled Alice out from under the bed and said, "Now--"

"Itwasn'tmyidea, Your Highness!"

"Well, who--"

"I don't know! I don't know. I asked everyone, and all they would say is it wasn't their idea! The card just said the Countess and--"

"You. Asked. Everyone. About this?" I pointed to the pink rod which was slowly sliding down the mountain of bustled skirt with a *rustle*.

"No," said Alice.

"I'm going to wear it," I said.

"Your Highness!"

"A girl can't wear a skin tight black velvet catsuit just everywhere, after all."

Alice turned a nice shade of puce, just managing to blend with the curtains.

"And look at the box. 'Magical Girl Outfit' That's what I will be, Alice. Soon."

You are now wearing the Magical Girl Outfit. Your skills have changed. You now have

Intrigue (Internal Affairs 67.8, Foreign Intelligence 33.1, Ciphering 36.9)
Lumen (Sense Magic 35.2, Resist Magic 46.6, Wield Magic 43.9)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment